Helping Keep The Mossley & Greater Manchester Community Local
Wed June 19, 2019
- Venues 'still too vulnerable to attacks' - A former police chief says the government is not doing enough to ensure public venues are secure.
- River Mersey more polluted with microplastics than any UK river - The River Mersey has the highest amount of plastic pollution in the study by Greenpeace.
- Listeria outbreak: Meat supplier 'passed latest inspection' - North Country Cooked Meats was found 'highly compliant' with food regulations, a council says.
- Cheshire Police panel chair apologises in LGBT row - Bob Fousert says he has "no intention" of quitting after criticising an officer for her rainbow-coloured lanyard.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.