Helping Keep The Mossley & Greater Manchester Community Local
Fri July 10, 2020
- Ashton-in-Makerfield crash: Man charged with causing boy's death - Jack Worwood was hit by a car as he walked along the pavement in Ashton-in-Makerfield.
- Wigan fire forced A577 road closure - The fire is now "under control" but firefighters remain at the scene, the fire service says.
- Coronavirus: Reopening of playgrounds 'a postcode lottery' - The government has approved the reopening of children's play areas but many in England remain shut.
- Boohoo action on exploitation claims 'inadequate' - One of the fashion firm's biggest shareholders dumps stock amid reports over poor working conditions.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.