Helping Keep The Mossley & Greater Manchester Community Local
Tue April 23, 2019
- Hundreds of Manchester crimes dropped by police each day - Greater Manchester Police do not pursue 60% of reported crimes as "we don't have enough officers".
- Wigan hit-and-run: Murder arrest after mother dies - The driver of a pick-up truck escaped by forcing another motorist to drive him away.
- Salford Quays: Body pulled from water - The body was discovered in the water close to Media City, Greater Manchester Police say.
- Marsden Moor fire 'started by barbecue' - The fire on Marsden Moor is one of several moorland blazes over the bank holiday weekend.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.