Helping Keep The Mossley & Greater Manchester Community Local
Wed December 12, 2018
- Walkden fire: Vigil for four siblings killed in arson attack - A street was lit up with candles on the one-year anniversary of the deaths of four "little angels".
- Cheshire police chief Simon Byrne cleared of misconduct - Proceedings that cost £350,000 in public funds "could and should have been avoided", a panel rules.
- Hundreds answer call to attend Salford veteran's funeral - A war veterans' group asked people to attend the funeral of RAF pilot Walter Bentley who died aged 97.
- Car thief jailed for running over PC twice in Bury - It is "sheer luck" more people were not injured by Reham Baluch's actions, police say.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.