Helping Keep The Mossley & Greater Manchester Community Local
Tue August 20, 2019
- Handforth murder charge after woman found dead at home - A man is set to appear in court charged with the murder of a 55-year-old woman in Cheshire.
- Bolton Wanderers: Doncaster Rovers match postponed over welfare concerns - Bolton Wanderers postpone Tuesday's League One game against Doncaster Rovers over welfare concerns.
- Poynton floods: Council in cash plea to improve drainage - Poynton residents fear their house prices will fall unless action is taken to stop future flooding.
- Double amputee dog Sherry to run marathon on wheels - The 10-year-old sheepdog is raising funds for Dogs 4 Rescue in Irlam, Greater Manchester.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.